***Remote work is available for this role***
Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave’s complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline all their communication, payments and marketing - all from one place - and continually provide a phenomenal customer experience.
At the core of Weave’s growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for talented people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. In 2019, Weave received several significant awards, including the Fortune 100 Best Companies, Forbes Cloud 100, and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies.
Don’t believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 13,000+ customers love Weave - Our Story OR head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our operational infrastructure tribe and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in building tools and infrastructure that are utilized by other engineers. Current initiatives include: GitOps-based CD pipeline, command-line tool heavily used to perform day-to-day tasks for devs, custom GitHub Application to perform pull request checks and validations, secret management with Vault, custom Kubernetes operators and CRDs, automated deployment workflows with canary deployments and API integration testing, automated testing architecture with data seeding, and several others.
All of our engineering squads here at Weave are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest and the team you will be joining follows this principle all the way through. You will be required to help architect new solutions and maintain existing ones while providing insight on ways to improve as we go while maintaining the vision and priorities of the team and the company.
- At least 3 years of experience in Go
- At least 3 years of experience building APIs for distributed systems
- Understanding of distributed systems including their infrastructure design, monitoring, and testing
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Experience building scalable/redundant services
Additional Skills (great if you have these, you'll learn them if you don't)
- Knowledge of protobufs/gRPC
- Experience with Kubernetes, Vault, Prometheus and/or ArgoCD
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Service mesh experience
- Open-source contributions
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with employer match
- Financial Planners
- Flexible PTO
- New office with amenities
- Generous maternity/paternity policy
- Commuter benefits (UTA Pass)
- Flexible schedules (currently working from home due to Covid-19)
- Career growth opportunities in hyper-growth company
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative: Help clarify goals, gain self-awareness, commit to action steps, etc.