***Remote work is available for this role***
Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave’s complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline their communication, payments and marketing - all from one place - and continually provide a phenomenal customer experience.
At the core of Weave’s growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for talented people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. In 2019, Weave received several significant awards, including the Fortune 100 Best Companies, Forbes Cloud 100, and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies.
Don’t believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 13,000+ customers love Weave - Our Story OR head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, data, scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply these, and other skills, to new and ongoing projects to make data more available, and easier to discover and use.
Our teams comprise of cross-functional agile teams composed of a product owner, backend and frontend devs and devops. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
The Data Platform Team's mission is to enable product innovation by making it painless for developers to build applications that require access to large sets of data. Many of the core Weave products/features (auto scheduling, AI/ML, real-time notifications, etc.) and backend services (Search indexing, Conversion, etc.) are powered by our data platform infrastructure. We handle data for thousands of customers daily. Data Platform Team's mission in 2021 is to re-think our data architecture and make it ready for millions of customers worldwide. This will require out of the box thinking.
Our data platform components include
- The messaging layer (pub/sub)
- Async job processing
- Real-time stream compute
- Offline data processing
- Events index
- Data access services
What you'll be doing
- Design and Develop core data platform components for enabling business process orchestration and workflows.
- Build scalable, resilient services to support data integration, event processing, and platform extensions.
- Contribute to the continued evolution of product functionality that services large amounts of data and traffic.
- Write code that is high-quality, performant, sustainable, and testable while holding yourself accountable for the quality of the code you produce.
- Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team. You enjoy working closely with others - helping them grow by sharing expertise and encouraging best practices.
- Work in a hybrid cloud infrastructure, considering the implementation of functionality through several distributed components and services.
- Work with our stakeholders to translate product goals into actionable engineering plans.
You should have
- High integrity, team-focused approach, and collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Weave
- 3+ years of experience in any back-end language, i.e. Go, Java or Python (Go, Java, or C/C++ experience is a plus)
- Experience moving and storing TBs of data or 100’s of millions of records.
- Understanding of distributed systems and building scalable, redundant, and observable services
- Expertise in architecting messaging systems, distributed data stores and NoSQL technologies (e.g., Kafka, Google PubSub, Bigtable, Spanner, Vertica, Vitess, S3, Iceberg, etc.)
- Experience building solutions to run on one or more of the public clouds (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code, and setting up and maintaining highly available systems
- Responsive person with a strong bias for action
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects on time and have experience working in enterprise-grade production environments
- Strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for execution
What will make us love you?
- A background with data analysis and visualization
- 5+ years of experience in any back-end language, preferably Java, Go or Python
- Management of distributed data technologies such as streaming, data mesh, data lakes, warehouses, or distributed machine learning
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP
- A background in operations such as networking, system administration, or DevOps/SRE
- Enjoys working in a greenfield environment using rapid prototyping
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with employer match
- Financial Planners
- Flexible PTO
- Family Friendly (Family activities)
- New office with amenities
- Free Haircuts (Onsite Salon)
- Generous maternity/paternity policy
- Commuter benefits (UTA Pass)
- Flexible schedules (currently working from home due to Covid-19)
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative: Help clarify goals, gain self-awareness, commit to action steps, etc.
- Career growth opportunities in hyper-growth company