A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Account Executive - WeatherBug
New York, NY or Remote (US) | Sales - WB
We’re looking for a sales leader to bring WeatherBug’s custom partnerships and first party data to brands and agencies. We focus on consultative selling and providing value to our clients..
As a Account Executive, you will:
- Be a strong seller of new business with exceptional cold calling and prospecting skills
- Be a creative problem solver
- Meet or exceed quota on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Establish senior agency and client direct relationships, engaging client contacts and decision makers at all levels, and identifying and pitching sales opportunities within the rapidly growing mobile marketing advertising sector.
- Present WeatherBug’s value proposition in a compelling manner.
- Manage a territory, including building a plan of action, prioritizing business opportunities, effectively manage sales pipeline, and following-up with leads in a timely fashion.
- Build strong relationships with teams internally (including Operations, Account Management, etc) and partner cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure best in class client service
- Represent WeatherBug as a thought leader in the advertising ecosystem.
- A seller with a proven track record of building a new client base
- A motived self-starter who is comfortable working in a home office and can prioritize their time.
- A strong seller, relationship manager, negotiator, communicator, and closer.
- Someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A strategic, consultative sales leader who has a history of meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading, and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Intellectually curious about the changing identity, first-party data, and privacy landscapes.
- We manage and sell using metrics and data
- 3-5 years of experience in digital sales, preferable mobile.
- Knowledge and experience of media and publishing landscape is required
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in person zoom, and over the phone.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
- Proficiency in Salesforce a plus
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of WeatherBug. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The salary range for this position will be USD $80,000 – $100,000. The base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Our compensation package also includes a comprehensive benefits platform offering and a commission plan.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.