Who We Are:
ServiceMax’s mission is to help customers keep the world running with asset-centric field service management software. As the recognized leader in this space, ServiceMax’s mobile apps and cloud-based software provide a complete view of assets to field service teams. By optimizing field service operations, customers across all industries can better manage the complexities of service, support faster growth and run more profitable, outcome-centric businesses.
A career at ServiceMax means unleashing your potential to build, sell, implement and market award-winning products with a #wintogether and #customerobsessed approach. From MRI machines to gym equipment, customers around the globe rely on ServiceMax’s cloud-based software platform to keep these machines – and the world – running, every single day. We pride ourselves in creating a culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be in an inclusive and judgement-free environment.
ServiceMax is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for employees of all races, genders, and ages. We strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial, gender and social injustice. We welcome varying belief systems, philosophies, and lifestyles.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a one of our new products: Zinc a cloud-based, real-time communication application. You are a self-starter, always striving towards pixel perfection, yet your solutions are intuitive. You appreciate the value of rigorous consistency coupled with the ability to remain flexible enough to accommodate critique and change. You will have the unique opportunity to join a collaborative team where you will work with product designers to create apps that people enjoy using. You will be responsible for feature development, contributing to the team and working independently.
What You Will Do:
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Dev Leads, Designers and Product Managers.
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding.
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team.
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal.
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation.
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Gain advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus.
- Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Drive design reviews define interfaces between code modules and applies existing technology to designs.
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
- Mentor other developers in the team, ensure adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Research new technologies, tools and develop proof of concepts as it applies to the product.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with other engineers, customers and management.
- Share technical knowledge and expertise with colleagues.
What You Bring to ServiceMax:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Experience working at a startup on enterprise software
- Active in open source community
- Can work well with loosely defined requirements
- A minimum 3 years of professional work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Design Principles
- Emphasis on creating secure mobile apps that perform at scale.
- Must have practical knowledge and proficiency with native app development for iOS and integrating with RESTful services.
- Good understanding of git, unit testing and automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process with distributed teams.
- Passion about new technologies, self-motivated, and commitment to continuously learn and improve.
- User centric design thinking, with a thoughtful approach to building software with new zero learning curve.
Our Hiring Process In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ServiceMax.
ServiceMax is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.