Who We Are:
ServiceMax’s mission is to help customers keep the world running with asset-centric field service management software. As the recognized leader in this space, ServiceMax’s mobile apps and cloud-based software provide a complete view of assets to field service teams. By optimizing field service operations, customers across all industries can better manage the complexities of service, support faster growth and run more profitable, outcome-centric businesses.
A career at ServiceMax means unleashing your potential to build, sell, implement and market award-winning products with a #wintogether and #customerobsessed approach. From MRI machines to gym equipment, customers around the globe rely on ServiceMax’s cloud-based software platform to keep these machines – and the world – running, every single day. We pride ourselves in creating a culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be in an inclusive and judgement-free environment.
The systemic racism and inequality that has plagued the Black Community cannot continue. ServiceMax is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for Black people, as we strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial and social injustice.
We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer to work on one of our new products: Zinc a cloud-based, real-time communication application. While we use desks, computers, and email to get things done at work, 75% of the world doesn’t. Most people work outside offices, and they rely on outdated tools like SMS trees and walkie-talkies. Zinc brings them a better communication experience and a better working day.
We iterate quickly and release almost daily, so you’ll get to own and ship your own code while you help shape the future of the Zinc API, services, infrastructure, and deployment pipelines.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain the REST API for our mobile, desktop, and web applications.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain services in production.
- Engage with techops engineering teams to triage production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoing reliability.
- Work with AWS services, toolchains and best-practices.
- Develop and maintain integrations with other ServiceMax applications.
- Specify solutions to real problems using data and analytics.
- Adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and work in an agile environment.
- Work with the broader ServiceMax team to implement and maintain security controls.
What You Bring to ServiceMax:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience.
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry.
- Experience with devops and monitoring tools (Chef, New Relic, Hosted Graphite, etc).
- Spotting opportunities to make things better for everyone all the time - and you can develop and execute successful solutions, taking ideas from concept to reality.
- Successful in designing and developing RESTful APIs for web and mobile clients to consume.
- Comfortable making technology bets and are excited to learn and explore new technologies.
- Solid foundation and knowledge of CS principles such as data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills and open to giving and receiving feedback.
What ServiceMax Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Benefits.
- Flexible Time Off.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Remote Work.
Our Hiring Process In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ServiceMax.
ServiceMax is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.