Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with $5 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
As the Director of People Operations you are a strong communicator and relationship manager skilled at leveraging data to inform decisions. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer, work closely with management to define and prioritize business strategies, and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams to support and empower employees.
In your role as Director you will conceptualize, define, and deliver on initiatives related to a variety of people operations areas including learning and development, leadership, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, organizational development, assessments, employee onboarding, and event programming. This will involve cross-functional collaboration with management and function leaders to prioritize and implement both function-specific and company-wide initiatives. You will also partner closely with our Recruiting/Talent team with enhancing and growing our recruiting and sourcing functions, new employee onboarding, internship programming, and other project and people management priorities.
At Wealthfront, People Operations is a key ingredient in building a great company culture. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about empowering others and creative in their approach. This role is both player and coach, and will be heavily focused on scaling and empowerment, not policy and administration.
- Spearhead the planning and hands-on execution of team building and culture building programs for full-time employees and interns.
- Develop and implement a learning and development program for manager-level employees, which includes coaching managers on individual needs for development (e.g. career planning, transitions, training, employee coaching, etc).
- Conceptualize and facilitate employee engagement/feedback plans, solicit feedback from extended leadership, and partner with functional leaders to implement across teams. Collect, analyze, and integrate results for continued improvement and transparency.
- Curate and deliver cross-functional onboarding curriculum.
- Run cross-company bi-annual performance review cycle.
- Partner with the Executive Team and other function leads to assess and spearhead necessary organizational changes.
- Oversee high volume university internship programs and events.
- Develop and mentor the existing high-functioning Talent and Recruiting Organization.
- Develop and mentor HR business partner who provides support to employees pertaining to benefits, payroll, immigration, onboarding and other people-related services. Provide strategic leadership and oversight in the build-out of a comprehensive employee support function for the company.
- 7+ years experience in People Operations or related fields including L&D, Organizational Development, and Talent Acquisition
- Experience managing teams, working with senior management, and collaborating with cross-functional managers and employees
- Strong communication and experience incorporating quantitative and qualitative feedback to inform policies, curricula, and training
- Passion for establishing a culture of excellence, accountability and respect.
- BS or MS in related field
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.