Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with nearly $6.5 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Brokerage Operations Specialist to be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions including new account opening and cashiering. Brokerage Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Client Services and all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc., including the engineering and product teams to provide the best client experience possible.
- Review and process account transfer requests (ACAT and Non-ACAT) within service level
- Complete daily brokerage operations exception reports including unreconciled activity, margin, corporate actions, etc.
- Conduct quality control reviews and regulatory document delivery reconciliation
- Trading related tasks include placing orders, settlements, trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties including verification of incoming wire’s, checks, ACH’s and process withdrawal requests
- Review and approve new client accounts for management according to policy and procedures
- Provide ongoing account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity for risk mitigation related to AML
- Working cross functionally with engineers
- Minimum of 2 years brokerage industry experience preferably in a back office role
- Securities regulatory knowledge and deep understanding of account transfers, corporate actions/dividends, and trading
- Understanding of AML and risk mitigation rules
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team oriented
- Ability to communicate cross functionally
- Real passion for and understanding of applying technology and software to business processes
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based account services applications
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field or substantial experience
- FINRA Series 7 required. Series 24 and 99 licenses preferred (or ability to obtain in 90 days)
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.