Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with $5 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
Do you believe in doing more with less? The DevOps team enables engineers to efficiently build and deliver products which pave the way for a new generation of investors to achieve their financial goals. As a DevOps Engineer, you will have dynamic responsibilities which include building systems, configuring networks, and leading database administration and infrastructure security.
- Automate everything - write automation and configuration management code to build scalable, reliable and secure systems
- Identify systems patterns and innovate in reliability, availability and security of automated systems
- Set up critical infrastructure, tools and framework to streamline the development cycle
- Champion strong DevOps practices across Wealthfront’s Engineering team
- Experience in Ruby or Python; C, Java or Go
- Familiarity with Linux/JVM-based infrastructure
- Expertise in cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, or Digital Ocean
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or CFEngine
- Understanding of Operating Systems, Networking, Systems Engineering and Database concepts
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, automated testing
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the most trusted advisor among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. The company does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. The company's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars, and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. The company has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.