Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have:
As Director of Automotive Partnerships you will be responsible for driving our strategy to integrate our AV 2.0 technology into millions of vehicles world-wide. You will be a member of our extended leadership team and have a key role in building our company.
We have shown autonomous driving technology which is best able to adapt to complex environments and domains. You will be responsible for developing the necessary automotive partnerships and co-development agreements to meet strong demand we’ve seen for our technology from large scale, multi-national fleets. You will closely work with our CEO, Finance, Hardware, Product and Technology leadership.
This means you will:
- Quickly bring our technology to market by defining and owning the vision, strategy and implementation of automotive manufacturing partnerships.
- Develop the necessary financial, operational, and partnership opportunities to build our safety case for L4+ driving and productionisation to enable Wayve to be the first to deploy driverless autonomy in 100 cities.
- Identify and input into strategic decisions on how we ensure our technology stack is as non-exclusive, lean, accessible and scalable as possible, so a vast array of OEMs and vehicle platforms can adopt it, driving change across the industry and demand for Wayve’s AV 2.0.
- Manage projects and strategic partnerships to make sure the deals you bring to Wayve are not only signed, but implemented with impact to drive value at Wayve
- Partner with the leadership team to maintain a culture of impact, performance, and health - aligned to Wayve’s culture.
- As we grow, build a world-class business development and partnership management function to support you.
- You have experienced multiple iterations of autonomous driving business models and have a strong ability to design go-to-market and monetization strategies for new technologies
- You deeply understand the autonomy ecosystem and are able to drive change across the sector
- You have strategised, negotiated and implemented deals involving automotive OEMs and/or suppliers and understand what it takes to bring new products to market quickly
- You have experience with M&A and investment and financial planning and analysis
- You have a successful track record at growing and managing exceptional people
- You have seen the deployment limitations of AV 1.0 and believe that we need to rethink the approach, and that machine learning can push the sector forward
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving a problem in the space-race of the 2020's (autonomous vehicles)!
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs - A chance to shape the future of autonomy and tackle one of the biggest challenge of our time - Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.