Who we are
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
What you'll bring to Wayve
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a dynamic and proactive person to join the office operational team. This position will combine the roles of both a fun and less traditional receptionist offering great hosting skills with a well organised and fast paced operational function assisting with building management, event planning and project delivery.
We want a well maintained and welcoming reception space where our Wayve values are instantly recognised by all of our visitors as well as an engaging and innovative office environment. We are looking for someone who can implement both functions daily and be a key Wayve brand ambassador.
You will be warmly welcomed into the Office Operations team (currently 2) where great organisation, close collaboration and a pro active ‘can do’ approach are valued. We are looking for candidates who are keen to be hands on, and deliver an exceptional office operations service. Someone who longer term, will be comfortable deputising for the Office Manager when required and someone who is willing to navigate the excitement of start-up culture and the operational challenges entailed with just the right amount of flair!
You will be warmly welcomed into an office operations team of 2 others. This intimate working dynamic allows for a collaboration of ideas within the team. you will be splitting and sharing the role with one other employee as the receptionist along with office operations administrator. We are hoping to find someone who is willing to navigate the excitement of start-up culture and the operational challenges entailed with just the right amount of flair!
Key responsibilities as receptionist
- Welcoming guests
- Be the go-to person for all front of house queries
- Communicating vital company-wide messages through slack and email
- Writing informative notion pages and blog-type / twitter-like engagement posts
- Purchases for the office
- Setting up meetings and calendar management
- Maintenance of postal system
- Awareness of external parties frequenting the site for security purposes
Key responsibilities as office operations administrator
- Be willing to assist cross-company on ad-hoc projects when needed
- Maintenance of cleanliness across the office and ensuring all areas are stocked with relevant goods and supplies
- Identify maintenance issues and report to the Facilities Manager
- Guiding contractors across the site sourcing and providing information to relevant parties
- Thorough monitoring and address of issues raised using office operations reporting system
- Liaise with on site staff and internal/external contractors
- Execution of immaculate events - setting up office spaces, onsite to provide support and creatively conceive fun and engaging ideas and logistics.
- You are warm, loving and friendly
- You would describe yourself as a people's person and enjoy hosting
- You are organised and have great communication skills
- You are happy to be on-site everyday
- You carry our values and use them at the core of your decision-making
- You are able to engage with a variety of people and make a great first impression
- You have experience in an E.A, customer service, receptionist or front of house role
- You believe in our mission to bring autonomy to everyone, everywhere
What we offer you
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles and rethink the way we build a new kind of tech company
- Working with a world class team
- Onsite chef
- Onsite bar
- Therapy & other mental wellbeing benefits