Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class team of researchers and engineers, we’re using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, learning from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for an adventurous, talented and hands-on Applied Scientist to join our Scene Understanding team, a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team. You’ll be a technical leader in computer vision helping to learn various aspects of the complex real-world environments in which our robots navigate. You'll be working on some of the world's hardest problems, and able to attack them in new ways. Our work encompasses many aspects of research and development across perception, prediction, planning, control and simulation:
- How to leverage our large, rich, and diverse sources of real-world driving data, including labelling, curating, cleaning datasets
- How to model the diverse and complex environments capturing the implicit structures, behaviours and interactions.
- How to architect our models to best employ the latest advances in CNNs, RNNs, Transformers, GNNs, world models, etc.
- How to scale models efficiently across data, model size, and compute, while maintaining efficient deployment on the car
You’ll work closely with technical leadership, Data, Deep Robotics and Science teams at Wayve to define long term research strategy as well as make significant hands-on contributions in your own research.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Industrial/academic experience in research project leadership
- Demonstrable hands-on experience developing panoptic perception (object detection, segmentation, classification, etc.) systems
- Technical leadership in core computer vision (feature learning, projective geometry, multi-view temporal modelling, estimating correspondences, tracking, etc)
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks (Python and Pytorch preferred)
- Strong software engineering leadership skills with the ability to deliver high quality code, including code-reviewing, integration, data management, source control, etc
- Post graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- PhD in computer vision and/or robotics
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.