Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
With Wayve’s aim to be the first autonomous vehicle company to deploy in 100 cities across the world, the Business Development (BD) and Partnerships analyst will be an integral part of ensuring we ship the world’s first AV2.0 Driver alongside the right partners, in the right markets, with the right timing.
As a BD & Partnerships analyst, you will be critical to Wayve’s success by ensuring our team is making business development and partnerships decisions backed by the highest quality data and research. You will contribute to strategic decision-making by leading the planning and execution of market research and analysis, and will become an internal expert on the evolving autonomous vehicle ecosystem and value chain. You will collaborate with partnerships teammates, strategists and subject matter experts in order to drive growth for Wayve’s partnership business.
As a member of the Business Development and Partnerships team at Wayve, you will be central to the company’s development, deployment and commercial success. The team is responsible for developing partnerships across the AV value chain and defining go-to-market strategy or, in other words, defining to whom - and when - we will work with and/or sell our product. We also work with our internal technology and product teams to ensure Wayve is developing AV technology, building products and features that solve customer problems and allow us to capitalise on market opportunities.
This means you will:
- Conduct in-depth market research of business development opportunities and partnerships along AV value chain including AV development, deployment and commercialisation, as well as identifying gaps in the current partnership ecosystem and defining when - and with whom - Wayve needs to partner.
- Own the market analysis and landscape evaluation where we might need to partner with others to meet internal development and external customer requirements.
- Coordinate across functions of the business to extract insights from our pre-commercial-product partnerships.
- Discover and translate future learnings opportunities in current partnerships, in support of scaling partnership value and fostering AV product preparedness.
- Collaborate with the internal teams to ensure we make the right make-or-buy decisions and our AV Product development meets the existing and future needs of our customers
- Support Wayve’s holistic go-to-market strategy and partner ecosystem through intimate understanding of partnership operational needs and capabilities.
- Improve efficiency across the Business Development and Partnerships team: Drive growth by reducing administrative workload.
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role will be based in our London King’s Cross HQ.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting, or startup business strategy functions. Ideally this is in a technology-first B2B and/or B2D organization and/or newly emerging industries, or a domain with complex commercial structures.
- You have exceptional research, analytical skills and a proven track record of successfully driving complex strategic decisions with robust research and data analysis. Experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools.
- You have experience exploring truly first-of-kind solutions to business model problems.
- You have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, especially across cross-functional teams.
- You are a proven ‘self starter’ who is resilient in the face of change, thrives in ambiguity and is excited to find creative solutions to novel challenges.
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving problems and want to take on the challenge of AVs: the space-race of our generation!
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- On-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.