Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We are looking for an experienced engineer who’s lived at the forefront of compute platform development to drive the development of in-vehicle compute for the next generation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll be working with world-class machine learning and robotics teams to baseline what they are doing today and build a roadmap to grow compute performance with the advancements in the autonomous vehicle capability. You’ll also be working within the Hardware team to develop and field these systems in our next generation vehicle and be leading evaluation of the different processors and accelerators the market is bringing to meet these challenges.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Experience profiling the performance of software stacks and working with software teams to project the performance growth needed.
- Experience working between teams to develop the core requirements and architecture for compute platforms
- Ability to evaluate performance of CPUs, GPUs, SOMs, and various machine learning accelerators and guide their adoption.
- Ability to drive decision making across a broad group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaboration skills with external partners and suppliers to influence their product direction
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to represent a broad range of tradeoffs and decisions to both working level teams and leadership.
- Comfortable working in an Agile program environment with aggressive milestones
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in compute hardware and fielded systems
- Autonomous Vehicle Experience
- Experience leading hardware development
- Knowledge lockstep microcontrollers and other safety processors
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross, London or Mountain View, Bay Area. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.