Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for an engineer to lead a team of world-class engineers to specify, develop, test, and field our next generation autonomous vehicle. You’ll be leading a cross-functional engineering team, working with stakeholders across the company, and providing technical direction to key partners and suppliers to develop.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Experienced technical manager with the ability to lead cross functional engineering teams.
- Team empowerment leadership style with willingness to jump into design ad help as needed
- Automotive experience through the life cycle of vehicle development (10+ years)
- Ability to drive decision making across a broad group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in collaborative development between internal teams and external partners and suppliers
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to represent a broad range of tradeoffs and decisions to both working level teams and leadership.
- Comfortable working in an Agile program environment with aggressive milestones
- Autonomous Vehicle Experience
- Technical Program Management Experience
- Experience with field and service teams
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.