Who we are
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
AV2.0 driver across the UK and beyond, and harvest the highest quality data to enable company-wide
rapid technical progress towards Wayve’s strategic aims. To do this you will:
- Plan and deploy industry-leading AV operations anywhere, anytime, including developing
quarterly operational plans, and coordinating daily operational scheduling and task assignments,
- Manage a world-class team of 10+ safety drivers operating across a range of AVs, including a
strong focus on their professional development and personal welfare,
- Using a data-driven approach, review and evaluate all experiments on a daily basis and set daily
KPIs to track operational output,
- Collaborate with our Operational Safety Manager and Head of Safety to maintain our outstanding
safety record, and deliver and monitor operational safety across all experiments,
- Collaborate with AV operations support specialists to resolve vehicle platform issues quickly and
efficiently, and mitigate disruptions to experiments,
- Collaborate with our teams to understand priorities across the company and feed that into operational plans.
This will be based in our offices in Kings Cross, London.
- You have a proven track record of embodying an innovative and empowering culture as a strong and empathetic manager; one who highly values diversity, and deeply cares about the team you manage,
- You have experience in leading and growing an operations team, and are comfortable interfacing with hardware and technical teams developing a complex technology stack,
- You have experience working in fast-paced environments, can adapt to changing circumstances quickly, and respond to crises calmly and logically,
- You’re capable of developing comprehensive operational plans, can independently problem solve, and enjoy working collaboratively to execute plans under pressure and within constraints.
- Competitive compensation, on-site chef and bar, and lots of fun socials, workplace nursery
scheme, health insurance and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs,
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle one of the biggest technical
challenges of our time,
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship,
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suits you and your team.
and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud
to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we
all thrive and grow