Who are we?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
Production Engineering is a hybrid between software and systems engineering that works to build services that are reliable, scalable and observable. You will work in small teams to write code, debug hard problems which impact real world applications and help us win the space-race of the 2020’s: Autonomous Driving. If you have experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Production Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer you’ll be well prepared for this role, but we encourage anyone who’s passionate about systems, scale and reliability to apply!
We are looking for Production Engineers to help us build and deploy our vehicle software platform at scale. Our software platform enables us to run our end-to-end neural net in real time on a car and includes the sensor drivers, logging, message passing and diagnostics tools. As a Production Engineer, you’ll work to develop the core software running on our vehicles, reduce software-related failures, and improve our ability to scale deployments across fleets of autonomous vehicles. No previous experience in automotive or robotics is required.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Experience in high performance software development in C++, C, or Rust
- Experience with networking concepts, operating Linux, Unix or Windows systems, troubleshooting, production reliability and observability across systems
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals: operating systems, data structures, algorithm design, etc.
- Advocate for sound software engineering practices - what makes code reusable, extensible, and robust
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in computer science, computer engineering, or adjacent technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing networked software using, for example, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), MQTT, AMQP, etc.
- Experience working with distributed computing.
- Some knowledge of machine learning is a plus, but not a requirement for this role.
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and to tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private on-site chef and in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.