Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact!
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
Scaling our autonomy capability requires multidisciplinary team work in order to fuse existing technologies while having the initiative to pioneer the next generation of autonomy products.
You will play a pivotal role enabling us to continuously develop and improve our system and iterate quickly through our hardware and system design prototyping process.
What you’ll own
- You will be in-charge of operating PoC and small-scale manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with the teams to understand the design requirements and create digital models and prototypes
- Design mechanical components
- provide expert advice and perform necessary research on material choice and considerations
- Manage models and manufacturing QA
- Work closely with fleet managers for installations and repairs of vehicle mounted components
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- knowledge of small scale manufacturing production and processes
- Experience in prototyping
- Relevant background of engineering science and technology
- the ability to operate and control workshop equipment
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- analytical thinking skills
- the ability to work well with others
- Confident carrying out mathematical calculations and cost benefit analysis
- the ability to analyse quality and performance
- Comfortable working and familiarise quickly with necessary Computerised processes and software
- CAD modelling
- Experience in procurement and supply chain management
- Manage procurement and QC/QA for larger scale manufacturing
What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.