Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you'll have impact:
As an Engineering Manager in the Fleet Learning group, you will be responsible for ensuring that Wayve’s researchers and engineers can iterate quickly in developing state-of-the-art machine learning models that drive well, we develop a scalable and efficient data and machine learning platform.
As part of the Fleet Learning’s leadership team, together with the group lead and tech leads, you will steer the Group’s squads and coordinate with other groups across Wayve to make sure we are building the most impactful things at pace and working with leaders across the company to ensure sustainable career growth during a period of hyper-growth in the company.
This means you will:
- Define and own the product vision, strategy and metrics for the Fleet Learning group, ensuring its squads and the rest of Wayve are aligned and galvanised.
- Partner with the leadership team to maintain a culture of impact, performance, and health - aligned to Wayve’s culture.
- Build product capabilities across the group and develop talented engineers as Wayve grows. Build resilient and reliable systems, teams and individuals.
- Work closely with individuals to develop career plans and growth trajectories based on each individual’s strengths and weaknesses and their own aspirations.
What you'll bring to Wayve:
- Prior experience as a strong and empathetic manager at a growing company.
- Experience managing individuals and their careers. Experience with roadmap planning, stakeholder management, requirements gathering and alignment with leadership towards milestones and deliverables.
- Knowledge of computing fundamentals - what makes code fast, secure and reliable
- Solid experience working with large scale system design, concurrent, parallel and distributed computing
- Understanding of training, validation, testing and metrics for deep learning features/models.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Practical experience with machine learning. Passion to take research ideas to production
- Experience in shipping ML features and in applied research.
- Comfortable working with and visualising huge data sets
- Track record of promoting engineering and infrastructure best practices
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms, databases and distributed systems.
- Working with large scale data pipelines
- Competitive compensation, on-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.