Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact!
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up and you can be at the heart of this!
We are looking for a 3D generalist with experience in 3D modelling. You will be helping build rich, varied virtual worlds to contribute to the development of autonomous driving. You’ll be working closely with our simulation team to create scalable content that represents the real world while maintaining speed and efficiency in a real time environment. We will use these worlds to put our AI drivers to the test, to improve their performance and ensure they’re safe to go out on the road.
From large cities, to rural lanes in multiple countries and environments, the better and faster our virtual worlds reflect reality, the better we are able to use them to improve our autonomous driving. This is why the 3D content you will create is so important
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- 3D Modelling experience (in Blender, Maya or similar)
- Experience with UVing and texturing
- Experience generating highly optimized models for real-time workflow
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal or Unity3D (particularly Unreal)
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to try new approaches.
- Experience generating modular assets desirable.
- Experience using Houdini is a bonus.
- Experience in shader authoring is a bonus
What we can offer you
- We offer competitive compensation
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Once our offices reopen, this role will be London based, but partially remote set-ups are possible if compatible with your team
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.