Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class research team we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have:
As the Product Lead in Fleet Learning group, you will be responsible for ensuring that Wayve’s researchers and engineers can iterate quickly in developing state-of-the-art machine learning models that drive well.
As part of the Fleet Learning’s leadership team, together with the group lead and tech leads, you will steer the Group’s squads and coordinate with other groups across Wayve to make sure we are building the most impactful things at pace.
This means you will:
- Define and own the product vision, strategy and metrics for the Fleet Learning group, ensuring its squads and the rest of Wayve are aligned and galvanised.
- Identify and guide strategic decisions on how we scale our model development and validation quickly and cost-effectively, learning from the broader industry and identifying external partnerships where required.
- Work closely with squads such as simulation, driver licensing, data explorers on strategy and roadmap - ensuring focus on the right things with a balance of longer and shorter term priorities.
- Partner with the leadership team to maintain a culture of impact, performance, and health - aligned to Wayve’s culture.
- Build product capabilities across the group, developing talented engineers interested in product. As Wayve grows, help build out an outstanding product team.
Once our offices re-open, this role will be based in London.
- You have experience conceptualising, building, shipping and maintaining successful products that have a broad scope.
- You have proven abilities to analyse a new or evolving market and defining a successful product strategy
- You are an effective communicator of complex concepts and a structured organiser, who can drive prioritised design making across functions.
- You are experienced in making data-driven decisions and can adapt, design and implement new metrics to suit the changing problem-space.
- You have technical breadth and depth including familiarity with real world data, robotics, deep learning or machine learning in production. Or you demonstrate the ability to learn fast and become an industry leader quickly.
- You have a strong intuition built from a broad range of experiences, but regularly challenge your ideas and actively seek challenge from others of all backgrounds and levels.
- You have successfully grown an outstanding product mindset in an engineering culture.
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving a problem in the space-race of the 2020's (autonomous vehicles)!
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A chance to shape the future of autonomy and tackle one of the biggest challenge of our time
- Help relocating to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.