Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for hands-on candidates who have experience working with complex embedded system software from the ground up. Firmware through to application layer with a bias for developing application software for safety critical applications. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver autonomy products by creating software for integrated high-speed digital and analogue electronics. Using industry best practices to ensure our products conform to existing and emerging industry standards and requirements.
Where you’ll make impact
Scaling our autonomy capability requires multidisciplinary engineers with the skills to fuse existing technologies while having the initiative to pioneer the next generation of autonomy products. You will play a pivotal role in delivering software for on-vehicle systems used in our ongoing R&D activities and future autonomy products.
What you’ll own
- Deliver high quality code running in a real-time embedded environment.
- Integrate software components to provide different levels of abstraction for application services. Write abstraction code and wrappers where necessary
- Design application code capable of achieving safety goals for autonomous systems.
- Control algorithm development e.g, PID and model based predictive control applications
- Hands-on system bring-up, debugging, iteration, and optimisation
- Review software with wider team to ensure compliance to internal and external standards
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
About you & what you bring
- BS or MS in software engineering, computer science, physics or equivalent with focus on software development
- 5+ years of professional work experience of embedded software development in robotics, real-time controls, or similar
- Proficiency in C/C++, Rust, or similar safety/embedded oriented languages
- Strong software background developing embedded control applications on microprocessors and Linux systems.
- Experience of developing firmware/software for safety critical applications; e.g. AV, Aerospace, Defence, Rail or Automotive.
- Working knowledge of developing software for applications which require freedom of interference. e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508.
- Electronics debugging skills, particularly at the interface of embedded software and electronics
- Working knowledge of RTOS, e.g., FreeRTOS, QNX, AUTOSAR RTE.
- Knowledge of technologies and protocols such as Protocol Buffers, RPC, PCIe, Ethernet, USB, I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles
- Fun work environment, central London location, private chef onsite and more!
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.