Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
How you’ll have an impact!
Data is at the heart of everything Wayve does: we are a data-driven company through and through. Our autonomy is designed, built, and validated both using data directly, but also based on insights from data-driven metrics and performance criteria. You’ll be building the fundamental units of the world’s biggest fleet data waterfall by creating smart software solutions running on the edge which provide Wayve’s systems with the highest-quality and most-relevant data possible.
What you’ll own
- Build software which curates, filters and manages data at a large scale distributed data collection solution , necessary for “full self-driving”
- Deliver and maintain all aspects of the server side system managing capture and storage of data, ensuring robust resilient architecture.
- Working with data clients to ensure the quality and deliverability of the data collected by our fleet of devices.
- Design and integrate necessary tools and technologies to enable quick and efficient monitoring of our operating device fleets
- Design, implement, and use performance analysis tools to improve performance and resolve both ad-hoc and systemic issues
- Work collaboratively with a team of software and hardware engineers to design and build new iterations of data collection products, from the ground up where necessary
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- You have 2+ years experience building backend applications in Golang
- You have experience building large scale distributed systems including CI/CD best practices
- Passionate about writing clean, robust and maintainable code
- Advocate for improving reliability, observability and operability of systems
- You have a track record of promoting engineering best practices in teams
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to mentor colleagues and junior-level talent on best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a small team of developers on various work streams and guide them on development tasks, perform code reviews and ensure design and coding are adhering to architectural standards.
- Python and SQL ability - Wayve’s core stack is Python based
- Experience in data visualisation and analytics (Kibana/Superset)
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure as code, our services are managed via terraform
- Experience with Cloud IoT platforms/implementations
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies
- Experience with React web development and web testing
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.