Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
Production Engineering is a hybrid between software and systems engineering so that services are reliable, scalable and observable. You will work in small teams to write code, debug hard problems which impact real world applications and help us win the space-race of the 2020’s: Autonomous Driving. Whether you had a past life as a Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Production Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or whatever else, as long as you are passionate about systems and scale, we want you!
We are looking for Production Engineers who are passionate about scaling up our training infrastructure which includes a massive data infrastructure for collecting exabytes of data from hundreds of on-road vehicles, a large scale ML training environment which helps shape our autonomous driving models, debugging hard problems in production that control and operate cars in London and much much more!
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Lives and breathes scale, reliability and production excellence.
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Experience with networking concepts, operating Linux, Unix or Windows systems with in depth practical knowledge, troubleshooting, production reliability, observability across systems and ensuring developer efficiency
- Track record of promoting engineering and infrastructure best practices and delivering high quality projects and code.
- Passionate about working with large scale distributed systems in an environment that values teamwork with other technical engineers and researchers
- Knowledge of computing fundamentals - what makes code fast, secure and reliable
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomy and to tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Private on-site chef and in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.