Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you'll have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing and scaling our learning and simulation systems, and co-develop the next gen compute infrastructure we need for AV2.0. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this! This means you will:
- Work closely with our research, platform, and robotics engineers to create data pipelines, simulation pipelines, training platforms, onboard vehicle software, cloud systems, etc. that handle petabytes of data, run thousands of simulations, thousands of trained models and safety critical on-road deployments.
- Work on making sure our simulation and data processing pipelines are reliable, scalable and robust
- Solve challenging problems of adding more intelligence to our data processing
- Identify important driving scenarios in our data which we can leverage for virtual testing and synthetic data generation
- Select the best quality data to train models on
Data & Simulation are key to our vision: our end-to-end machine learning approach is fundamentally data-oriented and we need to use simulation to scale up the amount of data we require to solve these hard problems in a reliable, efficient and safe way.
What you'll bring to Wayve
- Expertise in building reliable data pipelines to handle large data sets and orchestrating services or;
- Expertise in building large scale simulation systems and simulation services;
- Experience working closely with users, shaping products and systems to fit their needs
- Prior experience with Python, or the ability to learn quickly
- Some experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- Some experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Some exposure to machine learning
- Some experience of working with distributed and/or real-time systems
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.