Who is Wayve?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
How you’ll make impact
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
We are looking for Data Engineers to help build the data set that will solve autonomous driving. You’ll be working closely with our research, platform, and robotics engineers to create data pipelines that handle petabytes of training examples. You will be working on making sure our data processing pipelines are reliable, scalable and robust, as we are looking to scale up our data ingestion in 2021. Furthermore, you will be solving challenging problems of adding more intelligence to our data processing, identifying important driving scenarios in our data and selecting the best quality data to train models on.
Data is key to our vision: our end-to-end machine learning approach is fundamentally data-driven. This makes the Data Engineer role an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of Wayve, with an opportunity to directly influence performance of self-driving algorithms.
You should apply if:
- You have 3+ years experience
- You have expertise in building reliable data pipelines to handle large data sets
- You have experience working closely with users, shaping data to fit their needs
- Having experience working with data processing technologies such as Databricks / Apache Spark, Apache Beam and Airflow is a big plus
- You have prior experience with Python, or the ability to learn quickly
- You have had some experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- You have had some experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- You have had some exposure to machine learning
- We offer competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs ● A position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Benefits such as in-house chef, bespoke learning & development, team socials, and more!
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas. Once our offices re-open, this role will be London based.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.