Autonomous Vehicle Safety Driver
Who is Wayve
Wayve is an AI startup whose vision re-thinks the conventional approach to autonomous vehicles. Our ground-breaking technology will deliver the world safe and trustworthy autonomy, and we want you to join us on this journey.
What we’re looking for
Those who desire something more than just a typical day at work, and are adaptive and resourceful self-starters eager to tackle any problem they might encounter.
How you’ll make an impact
You’ll use your driving skills and experience to operate and monitor our autonomous driving system’s performance during tests primarily on public roads, and be ready to respond quickly and effectively to guarantee test safety.
What you’ll do
- Monitor, respond to, and evaluate our AV system and maintain in-vehicle safety to ensure safe testing at all times
- Assist in the detection and reporting of safety issues, and software and hardware faults so that they can be resolved quickly
- Support test planning, and the design and improvement of operational procedures to deliver optimal testing
- Gather expert driving data in different contexts which will be used to train our AI
- Full clean UK driving licence
- At least 8 years driving experience
- Good knowledge of London and the Home Counties
- Able to work alone for long periods of time
- Resourceful, adaptable and flexible, with a keen interest in solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, or equivalent
- Grade B or above driving instructor
- Military or emergency service background
- Experience in incident response
- First aid certification
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles
For further enquiries, or to submit a CV, please see https://wayve.ai/careers
Wayve is built on people and their differences give us strength. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace that encourages people from all walks of life to join us on our journey.