Who are we?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we are building a diverse, world class team of people. We are motivated to turn up, not for a job, but for an opportunity to work with clever people on difficult problems which leave a positive impact on the world we live in.
What we’re looking for
Scaling our autonomy capability requires multidisciplinary engineers with the skills to fuse existing technologies while having the initiative to pioneer the next generation of autonomy products. You will play a pivotal role in delivering a hardware platform suitable for our ongoing R&D activities and expanding autonomy product portfolio.
How you’ll make an impact
Scaling our autonomy capability requires multidisciplinary engineers with the skills to fuse existing technologies while having the initiative to pioneer the next generation of autonomy products. As our Electrical Engineering Lead, you will play a pivotal role in delivering a hardware platform suitable for our ongoing R&D activities and expanding autonomy product portfolio.
What you’ll take care of
- Architect complex electronic systems down to board level for use in safety critical applications
- Design hybrid computing architectures which fuse modern day high end computing and automotive functional and non-functional requirements. Finding the best compromise when necessary
- Review electronic circuit board design and get hands on when required (including component selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and PCB layout)
- Bring up prototype boards, debug and resolve hardware issues and perform circuit validation and verification
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- Collaboration with contract manufacturers for prototyping activities and high-volume production
- Characterise circuit performance under extreme operating conditions
About you & what you bring
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics or equivalent with focus on electronics and computer systems
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering, analogue, digital, and power electronics fundamentals
- Working knowledge of developing complex electronics with freedom from interference
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterisation
- Proven track record of delivering electronic circuit designs in both R&D and series production environments
- Experience of working on safety critical systems with fail safe and redundant features, for example within AV, Aerospace, Defence, Rail or Automotive
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including PCIe, Ethernet, GMSL, CoaXPress, USB, I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
- Scripting/software experience (e.g., Python, C++) and familiarity with Linux.
- FPGA and VHDL/Verilog design experience
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles