Who are we?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a pragmatic, hands-on self-starter with excellent operational leadership and risk management experience in a tech-related field. You will be fully appreciative of the careful trade-offs between operational effectiveness and operational safety, and are adaptive and resourceful in tackling problems as they arise.
How you’ll make an impact
You will lead on the operational safety of our field operations and continuously monitor and enhance the safety of our AV operations. As we expand our operations across the UK, Europe and beyond you’ll contribute in reshaping our operational safety processes so that they scale and can be deployed with minimal effort to new testing and development locations.
What you’ll own
- All operational safety, including the training, processes, procedures and improvements for all our field operations
- The initial investigation and assessment of the safety implications following an incident
- Operational safety input, including safety analyses and expert opinions, to our autonomous vehicle projects
- The operational safety culture in support of testing and developing our autonomous driving system
- Engagement with delivery-level stakeholders and the general public to enhance awareness and public acceptance
About you & what you bring
- Demonstrable experience of leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant commercial experience in identifying, monitoring and evaluating, and delivering operational safety
- Demonstrable ability to innovate and problem solve independently
- Good understanding of industry-relevant standards and guidelines
- Previous experience in leading and developing the operational safety of an AI-based system
- Relevant experience in the automotive space
- Practical experience in implementing PAS 21448, or other relevant standards
- Exposure to new, or oncoming AV guidelines (SaFAD) or standards (UL4600) is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles
- Fun work environment, central London location, private chef onsite and more!