WHO ARE WE?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we are building a diverse, world class team of people. We are motivated to turn up, not for a job, but for an opportunity to work with clever people on difficult problems which leave a positive impact on the world we live in.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a pragmatic, hands-on self-starter with excellent risk management experience. You will be fully appreciative of the careful trade-offs between operational effectiveness and operational safety, and are adaptive and resourceful in tackling problems as they arise.
How you’ll make an impact
You will take ownership of the operational safety of our fleet. You’ll develop effective leading and lagging indicators to continuously enhance the safety of our operations throughout our technology development. Beside your operational safety duties, you’ll actively contribute to the Functional Safety, and Safety Of The Intended Functionality, activities of our AI system.
What you’ll take care of
- Operational safety and fleet risk management (e.g. conduct risk assessments, analyse the effects of human factors on operational safety, liaise with drivers and the fleet manager to ensure coherence between fleet status and operations)
- The culture, processes and procedures for safe operations, and process improvement of our robot operations
- Monitor and evaluate operational safety, and leading (e.g. near-misses) and lagging (incidents) indicators (e.g. analyses, reviews, etc.) in support of the testing and development of our autonomous driving system
- Maintain and further develop our driver training materials and deliver those to our drivers
About you & what you bring
- Relevant experience in managing operational safety, preferably in a fast-paced organisation
- You use your communication skills and enthusiasm to rally your colleagues around your objectives and promote an open safety culture
- Strong experience in functional safety, for example, you’ve lead or significantly contributed to the safety development of complex systems
- Good understanding of ISO 26262
- Previous experience in developing the safety of an AI based system
- Relevant experience in the automotive space
- Practical experience in implementing SOTIF standard
- Exposure to new or oncoming AV guidelines (SaFAD) or standards (UL4600, PAS 21448) is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles