Ready to be a part of the future of autonomous vehicles?
At Wayve, our vision re-thinks the conventional approach to autonomous vehicles (AVs). Based in London, our team are award-winning and world-leading thinkers in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Our mission is to leverage our groundbreaking approach to AVs and bring the world safe and trustworthy autonomous mobility.
What we’re looking for
Our Autonomy Operations team is growing, and we’re looking for an Operational Safety Lead to join our team and deliver safe and high-quality AV testing as we scale our operations across the UK, and abroad.
- Develop and manage our operational safety framework and culture to guarantee safe and efficient operations, including the reviewing, updating, and authoring of risk assessments, safety requirements and safety performance indicators
- Manage operational monitoring and evaluation, and develop leading and lagging metrics to guarantee emergent operational risks are identified, recorded and mitigated
- Execute formal and informal audits of our operational safety policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure the highest quality is maintained across our operational safety framework
- Investigate safety violations through to resolution, and support incident and accident management processes to guarantee safety-related issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Design, deliver and scale our safety driver training to enable safe and high quality AV testing
- Contribute to our fleet and site(s) expansion, modifications and upgrades, and support our AV pilot operational planning to facilitate operational growth
You should apply if:
- You have 5+ experience of leadership/project ownership in a fast-paced environment
- You have relevant commercial experience in identifying, monitoring and evaluating, and delivering operational safety
- You have demonstrable ability to innovate and problem-solve independently
- You have a good grasp of industry-relevant standards and guidelines
We’d really like it if you have:
- Previous experience in managing and developing the operational safety of an AI-based system
- Relevant experience in the automotive space
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Relocation support
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Fun work environment, central London location, private onsite chef, in-house bar, bespoke learning and development opportunities, wellness initiatives, team socials, and more!
Wayve is built on people and their differences give us strength. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace that encourages people from all walks of life to join us on our journey.