WayUp is changing the way that early career professionals find the perfect job, starting with college students. We're now looking for someone to join WayUp as our first in-house counsel.
We’re looking for an experienced attorney to work part-time (15-20 hours/week) to help us navigate through our highest growth period to date. You will be a one-man/woman legal department within WayUp, and a key partner to our CEO and executive team.
We’re a mission-driven organization and you will be absolutely essential to our long-term success. We move quickly and will expect the same from you. Working alongside our founders, you will help us create the legal processes we need to revolutionize the hiring process for students and employers.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing complex contracts, agreements and policies (with clients, partners, investors, etc)
- Advising all teams within WayUp on high-level legal matters
- Providing legal, privacy and compliance advice
- Monitoring and advising on applicable regulations and legislation
- Handling litigation, investor requests, due diligence and external audits when they arise
- Taking preemptive measures to avoid legal risks, conflicts and issues.
- Working with our VP of People to ensure WayUp is compliant with all current employment laws
- 6+ years of legal experience, ideally working with other startups or high growth companies
- A law degree from an accredited law school in the US, and admission to the bar
- Ability to work 15 or more hours/week
- Experience reviewing and drafting contracts
- Experience overseeing and closing multiple projects and transactions.
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong research, writing, problem-solving, and analytical abilities
- Displays a commitment to ethics and integrity, professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills