WayUp is the leading D&I platform that ensures employers achieve their D&I goals by helping them virtually recruit qualified, diverse early-career candidates. Since 2014, WayUp has worked with employers of all sizes—from Fortune 500s like Clorox and Citi to nonprofits and startups. With over 6M users (71% of whom self-identify as underrepresented minorities), WayUp is known as the go-to platform used by early-career professionals to get hired.
WayUp is looking for a new Director of Product to help companies adopt a data-driven diversity approach to their hiring, helping students and recent graduates of all backgrounds get hired quickly, equally, and with an amazing candidate experience.
The Director of Product is the most senior Product role at WayUp, reporting to the cofounder/CTO and working directly alongside our experienced Director of Engineering. You will be responsible for and take ownership over all aspects of our products, as well as manage, train, and run the product team. This is a role with a great deal of responsibility, and you will interface with every single leader at WayUp, as well as many of our clients and our investors, on a regular basis.
Some of the projects you’ll be working on:
- Continuing to expand WayUp beyond early career
- International expansion
- Multichannel messaging
- First-of-its kind diversity analytics
- And much more!
Why is this job important? You will be the main person responsible for all of WayUp’s products--and therefore critical not only in the success and growth of the company, but in changing the lives of every one of the 6 million candidates who is a user of or gets a job through WayUp, especially those who are underserved or underrepresented minorities in the workplace.
- Build, lead and maintain a self-sufficient and highly-functioning product team
- Be data-driven and iterative - comfortable being visionary and taking risks
- Develop and align OKRs across WayUp
- Work with Analytics, Customer Success, and Sales to turn raw data into compelling insights and stories
- Oversee and run the creation and execution of WayUp’s product roadmap
- Define product success metrics and analyze product performance
- Speak with WayUp clients and prospects on a regular basis, both to gather ideas and to help explain our product when required on calls
- Manage two or more direct reports who are PM level or higher
- Communicate effectively and negotiate deals with outside vendors or partners
- Present to investors and/or the Board of Directors, with executive guidance
- Develop processes for gathering, processing, and responding to input from all stakeholders
- Strong process and project management experience, need to be very organized
- Ability to work with data in a strategic way--understanding, questioning, and storytelling
- At least 4-5 years of experience in product-related roles
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience working on one or more of: (a) B2B products, (b) dashboard-based SaaS products, (c) products in HR Technology or recruiting
- Nice to have: experience in data analysis and/or SQL
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits)
- 401k Plan through MassMutual
- Monthly Lunch & Learns with Industry Leaders, CEOs, VC's and more
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).