WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job and internship opportunities, receive advice, and get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp’s platform to reach, recruit and engage with the new generation of early-career talent.
WayUp is looking for a talented copy writer/editor to join our team. This is a long term freelance opportunity, and we are looking for someone who is available for approximately 10-15 hours per week. You will work closely with the VP of Growth Marketing, Head of B2B, and Branded content editor to ensure all content is of the highest standard and is in the WayUp brand voice. You will be working on and editing articles, presentations, email newsletters (both business and consumer facing), social media, ad copy, and various other user and business facing outlets across the company.
- Your time will be focused on writing, viewing and editing copy across various marketing teams (both B2B and B2C marketing) and marketing channels
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Work closely with the VP Marketing and Head of B2B on various copy projects
- Write clear, attractive copy with WayUp’s distinct brand voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
*Candidates will be required to complete a written sample/project demonstrating ability*
- Minimum 3-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Must have 3+ years of experience with project management, able to multitask simultaneous events to ensure deadlines are met
- Possess superior communication skills, both in conveying copy best practices and project details/ideas across all levels of the company
- Ability to formally pitch an article/copy idea, and lead a creative brainstorm meeting
- Embodies creativity and collaboration
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate patience and willingness to receive multiple points of feedback during edit
- Be able to effectively prioritize work or projects as they come in
- Ability to take feedback with grace and make changes based on feedback
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or comparable experience
- Social media or content marketing experience is a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides is a plus
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).