WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job and internship opportunities, receive advice, and get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp’s platform to reach, recruit and engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped millions of candidates launch their careers.
WayUp is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Director of FP&A. As the Director of FP&A, you will be a key business partner, working side-by-side with the SVP of Strategy & Business Operations.
You will provide crucial business intelligence to support strategic decision making and work closely with the accounting and operations teams to deliver timely results. The Director will be responsible for driving business performance and predictability through financial planning, value-added reporting and analysis, and financial partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization. In this role, you will use well-honed analytical and communication skills to track and influence business performance. You will collaborate directly with each of our team leads projecting and analyzing all facets of revenue and expense, with the objective to optimize growth and profitability.
The ideal candidate should be able to work well with a diverse group, have a proven capacity to develop and maintain complex financial models, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Generate, maintain and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders as well as quarterly board materials
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis including ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Create, own, and refine the budgeting process including development of department specific budgets and related ongoing variance reporting and analysis
- Team with the SVP of Strategy & Business Operations and Staff Accountant to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the company including, but not limited to funnel analysis, commissions, etc.
- 5 - 8 years of professional experience in Finance or Accounting, 3+ years within FP&A preferred
- Experience developing financial models at a growth company and developing reporting packages, including rolling reforecasts
- History of successfully building budget processes, tracking and reporting against forecasts
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principals
- Participation in equity financing preferred
- In depth understanding and applied knowledge of SaaS or subscription/recurring revenue focused business models, customer acquisition cost (CAC), lifetime value (LTV), and all related concepts
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Ability to work autonomously, meet deadlines and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Successful performance in an early to mid-stage startup environment is a plus
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Plan through MassMutual
- Weekly Catered Team Lunch
- Monthly Lunch & Learns with Industry Leaders, CEOs, VC's and more
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Pre-Tax Commuter & FSA Benefits
- Continuous Education Stipend
- Office Snacks, Cold Brew and Lots of Dogs!
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).