WayUp is the go-to platform for early-career professionals to explore job and internship opportunities, receive advice, and get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp’s platform to reach, recruit, and engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped candidates launch their careers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized Staff Accountant for a full-time role in finance department reporting to Controller. This position will require providing accounting support using Quickbooks (desktop version) and Bill.com.
- Day-to-day management of all financial bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop & Bill.com
- Administer and process the account payables and receivables
- Assist with statutory compliance tasks i.e. sales tax filings
- Contacting customers to ensure invoices are paid as expected
- Manage and report Daily / Weekly Cash Flow
- Ensured proper and timely recording of financial transactions in general ledger
- Assist in Month End close journal entries and close procedures
- Assist in Balance Sheets account reconciliations
- Partner with Controller in outlining and implementing accounting processes and procedures
- Ad hoc tasks as needed
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Finance/Accounting
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Bill.com and Google suite
- Familiar with SalesForce and Tallie but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management & task prioritization
- Willing to roll up sleeves to get things done
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Plan
- Weekly Catered Team Lunch
- Monthly Lunch & Learns with Industry Leaders, CEOs, VC's and more
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Continuous Education Stipend
- Office Snacks, Cold Brew and Lots of Dogs!
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).