WayRay is a Swiss-based tech startup with subsidiaries in Spain, US and China. We are on a mission to create a future where any transparent surface is a window into virtual worlds. Right now, we are seeking bright minds to join our team of talented professionals and bring our vision to life.
At WayRay we like to work hard and play hard. We have strong roots in R&D, and value curiosity and hands-on work. Our team members are passionate about deep tech and love taking on new challenges. We like to go where no one has gone before, pushing the boundaries and seeking new approaches.
About the role
To strengthen our R&D team in Zurich, we are looking for a project manager with a strong technical background and a hands-on attitude. The candidate will be responsible for the technical aspects of multiple R&D projects (proof of concept studies, component development, etc.) to develop the future generation augmented reality head-up display for the automotive market. The role reports directly to our CTO.
You will plan, create concepts and run these projects from the definition phase to market launch in close collaboration with diverse and interdisciplinary teams of internal and external research scientists and engineers. Your technical expertise and experience in the development of advanced optical systems for the automotive industry allow you to oversee all technical aspects of the projects and make significant contributions to the solutions of our technological challenges. In addition to technical management, you monitor costs and schedules, analyze and mitigate risks, and manage customer expectations.
- Higher degree in a technical field (Engineering, Optical Science, Physics, or a similar field).
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer/ scientist in the field of optics or photonics.
- 2+ years experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience in leading cross-functional and cross-culture teams.
- Literacy with Agile project management (Scrum, Kanban or similar) and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by the successful completion of R&D projects or industrialized products.
- Proficient in spoken and written English (level C1).
- Certified project manager (PMI or other project management training).
- Good knowledge of the German language is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the Russian and Spanish languages is a plus.
- You are an inspiring and motivating leader.
- You use your hard & soft skills to ensure project delivery to specifications, time and costs.
- You are a result-oriented, winning and entrepreneurial personality with organizational and communication skills.
- You have an open-minded start-up spirit.
- You adapt easily to new situations and are comfortable with changing priorities.
What we offer
- A highly dynamic work environment in an international setting with the opportunity to grow.
- Challenging projects and innovative technologies that are state-of-the-art and beyond.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- Opportunity to work with flexible schedule.
- Office location is Zurich, Switzerland.
- Relocation support.