Swiss-based tech startup WayRay is a game changer in the field of automotive and augmented reality technologies. With offices around the world and $100 million of investment, we are seeking ambitious individuals to join our fast-growing team.
At WayRay, we believe that we are never done learning and growing. We are a team of professionals that are continuously gaining new knowledge, experimenting with new approaches, and developing our emotional intelligence.
At present, we are looking for a Photopolymer Expert to be a key member of the Platform Solutions department.
As a Photopolymer Expert, your primary goal will be to support the product team in research and development of automotive windshield stacks. You will work closely with Holography Engineers and with our external partners.
This role reports directly to the CTO.
Support the product team in research and development of automotive windshield stacks focusing on:
- Analysing chemical interactions between adhesive materials and special photopolymer films
- Defining material requirements based on understanding of polymerization process during special treatments and impact from environmental conditions
- Researching ideas to improve polymer performance looking at kinetics and mechanisms during pre-processing and photoactivation
- Proposing new methods for characterizing chemical, mechanical and thermal properties of photopolymers
- Planning material analysis and testing in-house and with external labs
- Consulting the team on polymer chemistry, being the point of expertise for interdisciplinary tasks
Required knowledge and skills
- Degree in Polymer Chemistry and +5 years of experience in working with polymers for special applications
- Knowledge of photosensetive/photoactivated polymers, PVB, TAC, PC, PA is required
- Experience with material and chemical analysis methods (FTIR spectroscopy, Raman, SEM and others)
- English level intermediate +
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a game-changing company alongside the best professionals from all over the world
- Transparency and openness at all levels
- Immersion in the where we give birth to real innovations
- Benefits package including educational opportunities and stock option plan for all positions and grades
- Competitive salary and bonus for outstanding results
- Yearly big party and regular corporate events