WayRay is a Swiss-based tech startup on a mission to create a future where any transparent surface is a window into virtual worlds. Right now, we’re seeking bright minds to join our team of talented professionals and bring our vision to life.
At WayRay we like to work hard and play hard. Our team members are passionate about deep-tech, and love taking on new challenges. We like to go where no one has gone before, pushing the boundaries and seeking for new approaches.
We have a deep root in R&D, value curiosity, experimentation, and are always trying to think out of the box.
We are currently interested to get in touch with a Sales Support Engineer, with previous experience matured in a major Tier 1 automotive supplier or in an OEM, dealing with the development and sales of complex Hardware + Software technology solutions.
The role is reporting to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, and will have the responsibility to support the Sales and Business Development team at global level.
As a member of the Sales and Business Development team, your primary goal will be to efficiently support the sales team in the different markets to perform their activities in the most efficient possible way. Your overall goal is to support them preparing technical information obtained by a close collaboration with the central R&D team, as well as organizing custom related demos, as well as managing small technical projects. This to be able to raise OEMs awareness and interest in our technology, eventually leading to an invitation to an RFI/RFQ.
Due to the complexity of our technology, and to the high degree of customization of our systems, you will need to work closely with multiple R&D teams, and feel comfortable in having a strong technical understanding of our products. Thus, a background from a technological product category is preferred vs a commodity one.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as a Sales Engineer, Technical Specialist, Junior Project Manager in a major Tier 1 automotive supplier or in an OEM [must have]
- Responsibility of managing a complex Hardware + Software product [should have]
- English professional knowledge [must have]
- Good knowledge of Project Management principles [may have]
- Support the Business Development team on different aspects of their client (OEMs) relationships at global level;
- Manage the operational activities related to demo days and client presentations;
- Prepare custom made presentations for the clients, to present them our custom made solutions fitting their needs;
- Perform complex pre-sales engineering simulations related to the customization of our product for different clients;
- Work as a member of a multi-functional team, in direct collaboration with R&D, QA and Integration teams, to be able to receive their support on time and on quality;
- Provide pre-sales technical engineering support to prospective clients, replying to technical questions and performing specific analysis.
- Can work independently and is driven to bring results
- Has a pragmatic roll-up-sleeves approach
- Ability to perform under pressure and with tight time schedules
- Ability to play with ambiguity or rapid shifts in targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to work remotely and with flexible work schedule