WayRay is a vertically integrated deep-tech startup which is #1 in the world of holography, and we are seeking ambitious individuals with a deep tech mindset to join our team.
Our company culture is relentless, and our team is brilliant — that is why we are the best at what we do. WayRay is not an average startup, and if we are a match, this means you are not an average tech professional. If you want to be a part of our world, be ready to challenge yourself daily, to go where no one has gone before. Be ready to grind.
We are currently seeking a Platform System SW Optimization Engineer to be a key member of the Software department that is developing an augmented reality platform for cars equipped with our holographic head-up displays. As a member of this team, you will focus mainly on the optimization of performance-critical parts of our software for different platforms.
- To profile the current software version on Intel NUC, intel x3950, NVidia Jetson TX2, NVidia Jetson Nano
- To find the bottlenecks of current software on each platform and propose platform-specific optimizations
- To optimize the software for the selected platform
- Opportunity to work in a game-changing company alongside the best professionals from all over the world
- Transparency and openness at all levels.
- Immersion in the Deep Tech culture where we give birth to real innovations
- Benefits package including educational opportunities and stock option plan for all positions and grades
- Competitive salary and bonus for outstanding results
- Yearly big party and regular corporate events
- Writing high-performance code using platform-specific instruction sets in C++/asm/OpenCL/CUDA/OpenGL
- Application profiling and debugging
- Proven track record of successful performance optimization and porting of signal and image processing algorithms to the platforms based on CPU (Intel Atom, ARM v8) and GPU (Intel, NVidia)
- Knowledge of C++11 language and standard library
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks in software consisting of multiple components
Nice to have:
- Solid knowledge of Linux, including scheduling, memory managements, multithreading and synchronization, inter-process communications, network stack, input/output devices
- Familiarity with robotics middleware, especially with ROS, ROS2
- The ability to work independently with hardware development kits and necessary equipment: lab power supplies, oscilloscopes, digital signal analyzers