WayRay is a Swiss-based tech startup on a mission to create a future where any transparent surface is a window into virtual worlds. Right now, we are seeking bright minds to join our team of talented professionals and bring our vision to life.
At WayRay we like to work hard and play hard. Our team members are passionate about deep-tech, and love taking on new challenges. We like to go where no one has gone before, pushing the boundaries and seeking for new approaches.
We have a deep root in R&D, value curiosity, experimentation, and are always trying to think out of the box.
About the role
We are currently interested to get in touch with experienced Business Development Managers to help us build strong Partnerships at global level, with previous experience in major Tier 1 automotive suppliers as well as technology companies. The ideal candidate has strong experience in setting up the proper strategy, scouting the market, building relationships from greenfield and negotiating the contracts with prospect Partners, independently if they are coming from an industrial background, as well as a technology or software house one.
The role is reporting to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, and will have the responsibility over the Partnerships strategy at global level. At the beginning the role will be of a single contributor, but in the years to come he/she will develop the full structure and build a team.
As Business Development Manager Partnerships your primary goal will be to identify potential Partners (Tier 1s, technology companies, software companies), approach them (in some cases from green field), introduce them our unique AR HUD technology and its benefits. Your overall main goal is to raise their awareness and interest in our ecosystem, eventually leading to create new opportunities for the two companies to collaborate together, and sign a Partnership’s contract.
Due to the complexity of our technology, and to the high degree of technical understanding that a Partnership may require, you will need to work closely with multiple R&D teams, and feel comfortable in having a strong technical understanding of our products. Thus, a background from a technological or software company is preferred.
- Create a robust pipeline of potential Partners (Tier 1s, technology companies, software companies)
- Explain our unique AR HUD technology in details
- Work hand in hand with our R&D teams, to understand how the prospect Partner technology can fit in our ecosystem
- Brainstorm together with the Partner new use cases and applications of our combined technologies
- Manage the PR aspect of the Partnership, in collaboration with our internal PR team, to make sure the Partnership can be properly communicated publicly.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Opportunity to work remotely and with flexible work schedule
- Location: Zurich HQ, with flexibility to travel globally
- Minimum 8/10 years’ experience in a Business Development Manager Partnership (or equivalent role), ideally within a major Tier 1 automotive supplier or a technology / software company [must have]
- Experienced in developing Partnerships within an industry with complex products that combine Hardware + Software [must have]
- Experience in managing and negotiating Partnership’s contracts
- English professional knowledge [must have]
- Good negotiation skills and salesman attitude
- Willingness to travel extensively and work overtime
- Can work independently and is driven to bring results
- Can manage a 30.000-foot view combined with a roll-up-sleeves approach
- Ability to perform under pressure and with tight time schedules
- Ability to play with ambiguity or rapid shifts in targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment