About the company
WayRay is a Swiss-based tech startup on a mission to create a future where any transparent surface is a window into virtual worlds. Right now, we’re seeking bright minds to join our team of talented professionals and bring our vision to life.
At WayRay we like to work hard and play hard. Our team members are passionate about deep-tech and love taking on new challenges. We like to go where no one has gone before, pushing the boundaries and seeking for new approaches.
We have a deep root in R&D, value curiosity, experimentation, and are always trying to think out of the box.
About the role
We are currently interested to get in touch with experienced Business Development Managers / Key Account Managers, with previous experience matured in major Tier 1 automotive suppliers, dealing with the development and sales of complex Hardware + Software technology solutions.
The role is reporting to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, and will have the responsibility over all the potential clients (OEMs) within Germany. At the beginning the role will be of single contributor, but in the years to come small regional teams will be created.
As a member of the Business Development team, your primary goal will be to identify potential clients (OEMs) within your area of responsibility, approach them (in some cases from green field), and introduce them our unique AR HUD technology. The overall goal is to raise their awareness and interest in our ecosystem, eventually leading to an invitation for an RFI / RFQ.
Due to the complexity of our technology and to the high degree of customization of each system, you will need to work closely with R&D, and to feel comfortable in having a very good level of technical understanding of our products and ecosystem.
- Create a robust pipeline of potential clients
- Explain our unique AR HUD technology in detail
- Work with our R&D to develop custom systems matching different clients’ needs
- Manage the clients’ full life cycle: from first interaction to product demo, from technology customization to PoC negotiation, eventually ending in an RFI / RFQ
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager role, from a major Tier 1 automotive supplier in Germany [must have]
- Responsibility of managing a complex Hardware + Software product [must have]
- Experience in managing a standard supply contract, from RFI to SOP [must have]
- Experience in managing PoC, from contract negotiation to product delivery
- German mothertongue, English professional knowledge [must have]
- Good knowledge of Project Management principals
- Willingness to travel extensively and work overtime
- Can work independently and is driven to bring results
- Can manage a 30.000-foot view combined with a roll-up-sleeves approach
- Ability to perform under pressure and with tight time schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to work remotely and with flexible work schedule
- Relocation support
- Location can be either in Germany or at Zurich HQ