Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to Medicaid populations. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
We value humility, focus, and inclusiveness, recognizing that bringing together a community oriented team, with diverse experiences, is key to our success. We are inspired to tackle the challenges ahead, and optimistic believers in the ability to transform Medicaid delivery through partnership and perseverance.
You will be the voice to drive provider enablement throughout market development, growth, implementation, and quality improvement. Your role will include representing Waymark to provider groups and associations, to ensure contracts are executed with participating primary care providers, and that we provide those care providers with support needed and reporting on our success and opportunities. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with primary care providers partnering with Waymark.
Reporting directly to the Head of Growth, and supporting both the Head of Care Operations and Head of Clinical, you play a key role in setting Waymark’s go-to-market approach as well as evaluating new opportunities to improve and scale Waymark’s community based models to optimally support Medicaid patients.
This is a multi-faceted role with a blend of strategy, excellence in relationship development and sharp focus on process. Joining Waymark provides you the opportunity to shape the impact we have on communities across the country.
- Articulate Waymark’s value proposition to primary care providers and provider groups, facilitate contracting with these groups, and nurture lasting partnerships.
- When entering new markets, work closely with growth and clinical teams to correctly identify the providers whom Waymark can best serve with our managed care partners.
- Develop an outreach and contracting plan for each market, establishing key provider advocates, and collaborating with our partners to ensure we reach all eligible providers.
- Drive provider engagement, setting the standards and executing upon building, maintenance, tailoring content and messaging to different types of providers, and deepening of relationships with providers and their representatives, ensuring we can embed in provider practices and establish and upkeep positive relationships with providers.
- Ensure appropriate strategies are implemented to achieve clinical quality, provider satisfaction and patient service quality and experience measures. And, lead the reporting back to our providers on progress toward these measures.
- Deep commitment to improving healthcare for underserved populations, with aptitude and experience in establishing networks among primary care providers ranging from independent practices to hospital-owned practices.
- Expert understanding of value-based care (e.g. ACOs, PCMH, bundled payments and local, regional, state, and national market trends) and the role that operational leaders and teams play in supporting success in a primary care value-based model.
- High energy personal style and aptitude for partnership and process-oriented thinking.
- History of building meaningful relationships and local advocates among provider communities.
- Knowledge of primary care practice types (e.g., FQHCs, Look-Alikes, IPAs, etc.) and their different financing mechanisms, resources, needs, and pain points. ● Familiarity with healthcare data, and facility with reporting tools to ensure capability to monitor and report on performance.
- Experience and expertise in managing contracts and implementing commitments that meet those contractual obligations.
- Proven ability to recruit and lead network-generating teams across the country working with providers.
- A lean ‘doer’ mentality where you will be doing the direct work involved in creating the early iterations of this model, while also working to grow a team to ensure the model can scale successfully.