Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
About the Role
As Controller for Waymark, you will report to the Head of Finance and work closely with the leadership team to develop and maintain corporate controls and policies that support the mission, vision, and high growth trajectory of Waymark. You will lead the creation of, collaborate across the organization on, and implement financial systems, tech-enabled care and community management software, and operational platforms. You will be a key thought leader as we build Waymark infrastructure for Medicaid patients. Additionally, you will ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable rules, regulations, and laws. You will be a key thought partner as we build the accounting and finance operations that create the foundation for the company.
The position comes with exciting challenges. You will build and shape the accounting operations of Waymark and manage a growing team.
- Prepare and ensure timely, complete, and accurate financial records for month close reporting and corporate deliverables.
- Implement, continuously improve, and ensure sufficient documentation of various internal controls and processes that support corporate deliverables.
- Design and implement finance and accounting systems and automate the linkage of operational systems into the general ledger.
- Oversee payroll processes, tax reporting and requirements, and the compilation of compliance audits.
- Model and maintain the cash flow and balance sheet forecasts to consistently assess cash needs.
- Own the accounting evaluation and policies for stock-based compensation, capitalization management and tracking, and other corporate affairs.
- Deliver strategic analytics and insights for senior management.
- Manage external audit advisory and other professional consulting relationships as it relates to the financial and accounting operations of the company.
- Past accounting experience in Government Programs, Value Based Care, and/or Provider Contracting
- CPA and Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years of experience public accounting and corporate accounting and/or finance
- Be a "working leader" with an eagerness to roll up your sleeves and put the work in, as well as manage, develop, and build a team
- Excellent communication vertically through the organization up to the ELT and breaking down technical ideas and concepts
- Passion for improving care for Medicaid patients
- Experience working in early-stage high growth environments
- Enthusiasm to build, lead, and innovate
- Fostering collaboration across teams and with clients and key partners
- Track record of building and leading teams with a focus on individual development
- Experience with enterprise financial systems
Join us as we advance care, guided by community for Medicaid patients.