Senior Software Engineer, Core Platform
Help us make development at Wayfair a fun and productive experience!
The Core Platforms team builds DevOps tooling that removes toil and accelerates all of Wayfair’s 2,000+ engineers. Core Platforms reports into the Developer Acceleration team and works closely with the language platforms teams to define the CI and CD pipelines used across Wayfair’s hundreds of services. On Core Platforms you’ll define DevOps best practices for hundreds of teams!
We value open enthusiastic contributors to both Wayfair and open-source. We value sharing your knowledge, ideas and passion with your team, Wayfair engineering, and with the broader community through conferences and user groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on DevOps projects throughout different domains within Wayfair
- Share DevOps experience and best practices across hundreds of engineers
- Architect and build deploy pipelines that are used by all engineers for deploying code
- Define and maintain our Docker images and Kubernetes patterns across all languages
- Help us define how we manage upgrades across hundreds of microservices
- Help empower engineers to define and manage their own infrastructure
- Work across infrastructure teams & security engineering, pulling all teams into alignment
What You’ll Need:
- Serious proficiency in one major common DevOps language (Python, Go, etc)
- Familiarity with Docker best practices and antipatterns
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Have a love for DevOps, and are passionate about learning more
- A passion for automating manual labor, friction, and toil for engineers
- Believe that code worth writing deserves tests
- Have strong opinions, which are weakly held
- Demonstrated history of delivering high value software systems with high test coverage
- Deep Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Experience with Buildkite or similar CI/CD platforms
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.