Senior Software Engineer, .Net | Java Platform
Help us make development at Wayfair a fun and productive experience.
As a member of our language platform team you will split your time between developing applications and tools that accelerate other engineering teams at Wayfair, and working directly with those teams to improve their patterns and practices. You will take initiative on using automation and devops practices to make building products at Wayfair a frictionless and fun experience.
We value open enthusiastic contributors to both Wayfair and open-source. We value sharing your knowledge, ideas and passion with your team, Wayfair engineering, and with the broader community through conferences and user groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on engineering projects throughout different problem spaces within Wayfair
- Share language experience and best practices with teams
- Design scalable systems using C#, F#, Java, Kubernetes, Kafka, Hadoop, Mssql, etc
- Help and support members of the .Net & Java community
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Ability to build tools and enable the workflows of other developers
- Have a serious love for .Net and/or Java, and are passionate about learning more
- Strong track record of delivering high-value engineering projects
- Believe that code worth writing deserves tests
- Have strong opinions, which are weakly held
- Deep experience building web apps on Docker & Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience working with Kafka, Hadoop, Airflow
- Experience working with CI/CD tooling and pipelines
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.