Manager of Enterprise Growth, Availability and Speed
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers that sell on Wayfair and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services to provide a best in class delivery experience to the Wayfair customer at the lowest cost. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial leader to help us profitably grow our core product verticals. In this role, you will be the general manager of your business unit, setting the growth targets and executing against these goals. As part of this role, you will also lead the availability strategy for your suppliers and influence product assortment, production, supply chain operations, and inventory planning. You will manage a team that owns the relationships with a large group of suppliers and act as a senior sponsor cultivating C- level relationships. Your team will own and create the strategic growth strategy for your suppliers and partner closely to create and execute a best in class supply chain operation. You will advise and execute on forecasting, inventory planning and other aspects of supply chain management to maximize sales for your business unit and ensure we consistently have the right products in stock. In this role you will gain great general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, inventory planning, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, and supply chain.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What You'll Do
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals through continuous analysis of performance and by identifying new opportunities for expansion.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize sales, instock rates and network balance
- Develop a close understanding of suppliers’ businesses, manage and own the P&L for your vertical, determine what services we can sell them to expand our partnerships, negotiate business terms and support your team in these conversations.
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators including inventory health, forecast accuracy, and delivery speed metrics
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas and develop relationships with new, target suppliers.
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated Account Managers and/or Inventory planners and and support them in achieving their business and career goals. Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Attend trade shows and visit key suppliers in cities such as Las Vegas, LA, Dallas, and NYC
What You'll Need
- 4+ years experience in one of the following fields, consulting, account management, business development, financial services, operations, tech
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space.
- An innovative leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead product category verticals strategy and execution
- Strong analytical experience and comfortable operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set.
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus.
- MBA from top tier school is a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.