We’re on the lookout for a strong leader to inspire, manage, and drive our Lifestyle Brand Birch Lane.
Who You Are: a visionary who can outline high-profile creative strategy and forge trusted relationships with key stakeholders to bring it to life, all while fearlessly guiding a super-talented team of designers and writers.
This: a fantastic opportunity to bring our most traditional brand into the future, partner with senior leaders to open up the runway for creative thinking that elevates and builds a rock-solid emotional connection with our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior business leaders to set a creative vision and strategy that activates ongoing business goals.
- Help maintain and support the overall vision set by the Creative Director for Wayfair’s Lifestyle & Luxury Brands.
- Inspire and manage a team of designers and writers; working closely with the Senior Design Manager.
- Collaborate on imagery planning, catalog development and concepts with our Photo Art Director and content team.
- Lead the development of the brand standards and voice guide to drive consistency across all channels.
- Concept campaign development to support overall brand strategy and activation.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating everyday business objectives into powerful branded experiences.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years working in an in-house design studio or agency focused on brand.
- 5+ years managing a creative team.
- Strategic brain that uses data and customer insights to drive next-level creative.
- Thought leadership with a strong copy point of view.
- Experience with e-commerce, digital marketing, photo and video conception.
- Robot-like organizational powers.
We’re extra impressed by…
- Commanding orators.
- Masters of Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, and Sketch.
- Walking Digital Best Practices reference books.
- Experience with motion design and video.
- Hours logged on photoshoots or collaborating with those who do.
- Familiarity (or deep obsession) with home furnishings, and interior design or fashion.
- Print experience! It’s not dead yet.
- Include one (seriously).
- Insight-driven conceptual work.
- Projects for unexpected channels (ambient, experiential, out-of-the-home – all great!).
- Successful creative that influenced a positive change in customer behavior.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.