Warehouse IT support is a customer-focused/facing extension of Corporate IT, dedicated to the usability and support of desktop computing technologies and related systems in the warehouse environment. The Warehouse IT Regional Manager will lead a team of Tier 1,Tier 2 technicians and Warehouse IT managers. Ensuring world-class technical support for warehouse management systems, applications, network, hardware, and related services for internal employees. This role could either be based in Kassel, Germany or Lutterworth, UK.
What You'll Do
- Motivate a regional team of 20+ level 1 and 2 service desk engineers who take care of assigned incident tickets, phone calls, walk up support, emails and other communications from Wayfair employees requesting technical support
- Builds a positive culture that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service and support.
- Establishes collaborative relationships across the region with warehouse teams, other regional leads in North America, and local site leads in order to maximize performance, provide quality customer service, and take advantage of transferring successful best practices between regions and sites.
- Act as an escalation point and coordinate solutions of urgent and complicated support issues with operations, team leads, and managers.
- Create and manage reports to upper-level management about all aspects of IT technical management including SLAs.
- Mentor and develop team growth by identifying areas for improvement and pathways to advancement.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and communicating all new or updated processes, procedures, and other relevant operational information to staff.
- Ensure operational efficiency for our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure.
- Develop and set short term and strategic goals for area of responsibility.
- Travel between multiple locations in Europe at least once a quarter.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in people management and managing teams in remote locations
- Track record of success in developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive multi-departmental projects.
- Warehouse Fulfillment Center/Distribution Center IT support experience a must
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- A mindset to solve problems with analytical, creative, and innovative approach
- Good organizational skills, sound business judgment, and excellent written/verbal English skills. German a plus.
- Experience with a help desk ticketing system is a must; knowledge of Service Now is a plus
- Prior warehouse operations/warehouse management system(WMS) experience a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.