Wayfair, one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home, is on the hunt for a talented intern to assist the EU PR team here at our European headquarters in Berlin. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s bright, creative and hard-working to gain hands-on experience working on consumer communications at this leading eCommerce company. You will learn the ins and outs of how PR works, spanning everything from celebrity room-makeovers and event planning to media placement tracking and competitor research.
This is a paid internship for 6 months, working a full 40-hour work week. Strong performers will have the opportunity to join the company full-time as permanent positions arise within our Promotions department.
What You'll Do
- Assisting with stunt and event planning and execution
- Contact national editors/writers with story ideas, hi-res photos, and additional information
- Send samples to editors and bloggers for photo shoots and other activities
- Coordinate with suppliers to call in products
- Sourcing aesthetic lifestyle imagery via Wayfair.de and internal systems to fit the style/theme of media request
- Tracking DE media coverage on a weekly basis
- Pull weekly roundup of competitor highlights to feed into global team
- Develop a tracking system for PR and Editorial Projects
- Interface with many stakeholders associated with the Wayfair Brand, and coordinate among them
- Take initiative to become familiar with Wayfair make valuable suggestions that will enhance our communications objectives
What You'll Need
- Fluent English and German (C1/2 level)
- Strong writer & editor
- An interest/background in interior design or other design-related field
- Great attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work full time in Berlin
- Ability to navigate the Wayfair catalogue to rapidly access items and categories that fit into a particular project
- Ability to take on a huge variety of projects for multiple departments and enthusiastically track progress and deliver results
- Can work and have fun simultaneously
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.