How do thousands of engineers work together to provide consistent, effortless user experiences to Wayfair’s over 15 million customers and 23,000+ supplier partners and employees? Homebase, Wayfair’s Design System, leverages both open-source technology and home-grown innovation to provide the React-based component libraries and design assets and guidelines that power all of our interfaces-- from our 5 e-commerce brands to our suite of operational and supplier-facing applications.
Our Design Systems team has a dual mission: 1) to partner with teams across the organization to maintain and iterate on our shared set of global components that drive consistency for our end users, and 2) to build and iterate on our documentation and code-sharing platform that enables teams to rapidly prototype and develop UI for all of their feature needs.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to own the Enterprise-facing side of our Design System, and help us continue to scale our partnership and education efforts around the importance of consistency in user experience and frontend development, as well as our operating model for encouraging and leveraging crowd-sourced contributions and continuous releases within an ever-growing population of devs and designers. If you’re passionate about the space between design and engineering, empowering developers to build scalable, performant, and accessible UIs, and fast iteration in an agile environment, this is the role for you. We deeply value: user empathy, servant leadership, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Engineering, Design, and Product leadership across our Partner Home, Catalog, and Supply Chain orgs to evolve and expand our Enterprise Design Systems
- Create the strategic vision and roadmap for our Enterprise Design System, putting in place monitoring and reporting when necessary to set and track KPIs
- Manage and mentor a team of developers dedicated to our Enterprise Design System components
- Collaborate with Storefront Design System tech leads on vision and roadmap for our in-house design system documentation and code sandbox platform
- Set and socialize the operating model for our Enterprise Design System, inclusive of team contribution model and versioning/release cycle
- Drive education and awareness of our Design System capabilities, value-add, and contribution model in order to engage more teams and increase adoption and feedback loops
- Help drive technical decision-making and best practices within the greater frontend space at Wayfair
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for UI/UX development, and experience working with a Design System or component library
- 10+ years industry experience preferred with at least 8 years of experience driving organizational change through technical leadership
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.