Wayfair is offering an excellent opportunity with a rapidly growing organization and leader in the home furnishings sector. Wayfair is looking for a qualified Dispatcher. The function of the Dispatcher is to provide management and oversight responsibility for our fleet of local drivers, including:
- Directing the drivers for tractor trailer deliveries and pickups of customer orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan, coach, train, coordinate, and develop the activities of the drivers including team building.
- Evaluate, provide analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations regarding deliveries and communicate this information to the proper recipients.
- Integrate with every Wayfair functional department, especially Load Planning and Scheduling, Billing
- Operations, and Compliance, to ensure that Wayfair achieves all corporate and departmental objectives.
- Professional, fast-paced, team environment where customer focus is a must. Will direct daily activities of our local drivers while maintaining the integrity of the company and our customers while delivering customer orders on time, without damage. Identify and address staff training and coaching needs of the drivers and report these needs to appropriate management.
- Will be the only dispatcher in this facility and will work closely with the Hub Manager to work as a team.
- Four plus years in a dispatcher function for a major distribution company. Furniture distribution is a plus, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of dispatch practices and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of FMCSA regulations
- Organizational skills for planning, decision-making and executing with excellence
- Excellent verbal/written competencies and overall communication effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and build upon Wayfair and industry specific information
- Excellent computer skills, with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.