Wayfair offers Europe’s largest online selection of home furnishings, décor, home improvement and many more. Getting thousands of orders every day to their new owners is at the heart of what we do. We work hard to grow our European footprint, by setting up state of the art warehouses to get even closer to our customers. Wayfair Lutterworth has an exciting future ahead with the addition of our brand new 1.1 million square foot warehouse in Magna Park.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Health and Safety change and best practice throughout the facility. Drive, and be unequivocally honest in your persistence of best in class health and safety practices and systems.
- Lead the management of the Fulfillment Centre to achieve the pre-agreed goals for operational metrics, including shipping time, order fill rate, supplier SLA’s and on-hand inventory accuracy.
- Ensure that the annual objectives for safety, quality, cost, productivity, accuracy, and customer centricity are achieved.
- Develop and manage a strong management team and oversee: training and coaching, evaluation of all employees necessary to meet or exceed goals, and development of the work atmosphere and culture at the facility.
- Ensure that the safety, security, productivity, and satisfaction of all employees aligns with the company objectives.
- Manage warehouse inventory control programs and ensure location and count accuracy meets our corporate and legal requirements.
- Actively measure quality and strive for continuous improvement. Continually seek ways to improve the overall fulfillment process and identify best practices.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
- Identify opportunity to improve the FC productivity.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Management, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in distribution/management required.
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and the use of pivot tables.
- Self-motivated and willing to drive sustainable process change.
- Ideally have both internal as well as 3PL experience understanding the impact of a high-volume FC environment.
- Have experience of “peak” planning – being organised and structured in your management style that acts as an enabler for scaling operations and company growth.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; credible with internal stakeholders and external audiences; comfortable meeting with/presenting to executives and senior management.
- Solid analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills. Being an excellent planner and person-manager.
- Ability to maintain a demanding schedule in a dynamic work environment.
- Have “winner” mindset and a “positive” can do working style, whatever the challenge.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to change quickly.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.