Who are we?
Wayfair is one of the fastest growing companies on the planet with over $7bn in annual sales and 45% year-over-year growth. We believe that everyone deserves to live in a home they love, and we are committed to become the world’s #1 destination for everything in your home.
As part of our ambitious expansion plans and commitment to world class service, we are hiring into our Operations teams in Germany. These teams provide the essential link between our Customers, Suppliers and Carriers, supporting an amazing customer experience and enabling our partners’ success in the e-commerce arena. We provide day-to-day operational support across the whole customer journey and are looking for smart, energetic and collaborative colleagues who want to help us shape the future of Wayfair in Europe.
What could you be doing with us?
Help us design, build and run our EU Data Transformation Team based out of Berlin. You will be taking end to end ownership on the transformation of our supplier base to enable component level information which will yield significant benefits;
- Reduce working Capital in Wayfair’s Fulfillment Centres
- Increase efficiency of inbound and inventory management balancing in our own (and in some cases even supplier) facilities
- Increase penetration of Wayfair’s Fulfillment Centres by matching existing data structures of our suppliers
- Drive low cost resolutions by removing manual dropship processes, enable Wayfair’s Fulfillment Centre replacement fulfilment and reduce full units
- Improve visibility by providing box-level tracking, improving resolutions and reducing contacts.
We are looking for a Leader who is keen to pick up the baton from the excellent work that has been commenced in and take it to the next level
- Co-develop the processes to enable for full ownership of the End to End Transformation, including outreach, execution and monitoring
- Hire, develop and manage a team of multifunctional colleagues
- Work closely with End to End Partner Management and Commercial teams to identify suppliers who will benefit from transformation, agree priorities and lead conversation
- Establish and own the daily, weekly, monthly performance management and governance
- Work closely with the US counterparts and Product Management to co-develop and implement effective solutions to maximize the value of work you do through new tools and automation
- In this role you will be working as part of the EU Supply Chain Integration Team
These are the things we are looking for from our candidates;
- We are looking for dynamic candidates, who can both work independently and collaborate to solve problems and come up with new ideas – we strongly value entrepreneurship and independent thinker-doers
- You need to be results driven, detail oriented and a motivated team player
- You need to enjoy working in a fast pace environment and comfortable with rate of change in our industry … we are building something new and exciting!.
- A background knowledge of logistics, supply chain management and/or online retail is an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to communicate effectively in German and English, both written and spoken.
- Additional languages are a plus
- You are proficient using some basic tools such as Excel, Microsoft Office and Google
- In addition, due to the data rich environment we work on, knowledge of SQL,
- SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Python, R or Minitab is a plus
- Proven academic background, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.